Summit Wild Ultra (35 miles)
SUMMIT WILD ULTRA, SAT 9TH SEPT, 8.30AM, TOTAL CLIMB 1,649M
The Summit Wild Ultra is a new addition to the Something Wild Festival and is the ideal distance for your first ultra. Like the marathon, which it will start alongside, the Summit is by no means an easy ultra, and incorporates the marathon circuit plus one lap of Sunday’s 10K route.
The route starts and ends at the festival site at Huccaby Farm, crossing the river at Dartmeet before climbing gradually to Sharp tor and along Dr Blackalls Drive to New Bridge, from where you will enter Holne Woods.
Next you will cross through Holne and return via Holne ridge to Combstone tor. You will still need your wits about you in the final furlong however, as another river crossing beckons, via the Huccaby stepping stones. You will then complete a circuit of the 10k course via Yar Tor and Babeny, coming back through Bellever and Brimpts Farm.
The cut off time for this event is 10 hours
Your Entry Includes
- Fully marked and marshalled course (with reflective stakes, surveyors flags, tape, plenty of large arrow)
- Chip timing + 3 timing splits + live results online
- Feed stations every 6 miles with water, energy drinks, gels, cakes, fruit, nuts & more.
- Secure baggage drop, parking, toilets & showers
- Finishers medals
- Professional First Aid
- Prizes for top 3 male and female and first V40 & V50
- You can add one or two nights camping with your booking. It includes entry to our Speaker’s Evening